Printing on-demand editions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Artithmeric HQ
      Keymaster

Could print-on-demand editions (that may constantly evolve at no cost to the creator) result in some editions of comics being only available in tiny numbers and lead to a future where some very rare editions will become highly collectable?

lisa johny
        Participant

I really dont have any idea about it.

Daniel A. Becker
          Participant

I doubt it. I think the age of collecting comics is fading, and really something’s only worth collecting if its valued, which is why OG comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby have high value where as anything I ever produce will probably have very low value in the future. Than again, neither the a fore mentioned legends ever made comics with the assumption that their work would be both historic and highly prized. They just loved to create, and simply strived to put something entertaining out into the world as cheaply and quickly as they could. I think most people just want the entertainment quality out of comics these days, at least from us lowly indie producers, and so it should be more on us to give them as much of something cool and fun as we can within the pages instead of trying to push some kind of illusion that its “collectable” or “rare”. If its not entertaining and cool, than it ain’t worth s**t, no matter how collectable it is.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.